Skip to content
“‘Uh, hey pal, you know, you need to like, go after the Bidens or I ain’t gonna give you any money.’ He’d be really, like, thuggish about it.”
— Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), when asked by the Boston Globe to describe what he thinks would be “an inappropriate quid pro quo scenario” in relation to President Trump’s phone call with Ukraine’s president.
“I like Jared a lot, but he’s leaving out a big detail. Can you imagine what we would be saying if the Russians or the Iranians hacked into the presidential team of the Republican Party?”
— Sen. Lindsay Graham, a close ally of Donald Trump, calling for more sanctions on Russia and criticized presidential adviser Jared Kushner’s statements downplaying the significance of that country’s interference in the 2016 election, Bloomberg reports.
“There’s not a smoking gun, there’s a smoking saw.”
— Sen. Lindsey Graham(R-SC), quoted by The Hill after a CIA briefing, referencing Trump administration comments that there is no “smoking gun” linking the Saudi Crown Prince to the order to kill journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
“Finally, a president willing to take on this absurd policy of birthright citizenship. I’ve always supported comprehensive immigration reform – and at the same time – the elimination of birthright citizenship.”
— Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), saying he will introduce legislation to end birthright citizenship after President Trump suggested he could do so through an executive order, The Hill reports.
“I’ve been the leading supporter along with John McCain of the U.S.-Saudi relationship. I feel completely betrayed.”
— Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), quoted by CNN.
“I like him, and I want to help him. I want him to be successful. But I feel I can do more good for the country and help President Trump more effectively by being in the Senate. I’ll help him where I can and say no when I have to.” He added: “I’m going to run again. There you go, you made news. I’m definitely running.”
— Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), telling WYFF that he has “zero interest” in joining President Trump’s cabinet.
“There’s a real likelihood that they not only win the House, but they win it by 10 or 12 more seats than they need.”
— Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), quoted by the New York Times, on midterm election prospects for Democrats.
“After Lindsey and I left the room and got in the car together to come back to Capitol Hill, it was silence in the car. We had just witnessed something that neither one of us ever expected.”
— Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), quoted by the New York Times, on the Oval Office meeting where President Trump referred to “shithole” countries.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told The Atlantic that there’s a 30% chance that President Trump initiates war against North Korea. Said Graham: “I would say there’s a three in 10 chance we use the military option.” He added that if the North Koreans conduct an additional test of a nuclear bomb — “I would say 70 percent.”
“The bottom line is we didn’t fail because we didn’t have enough time. We failed because we were not ready to solve the problem, and we didn’t have the right idea.”
— Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), quoted by Politico, on the GOP’s failed effort to repeal Obamacare.