My congressman, Rep. Henry Waxman, Ranking Minority Member of the Committee on Government Reform and a member of the Committee on Energy and Commerce, sent a letter to his constituents yesterday that perfectly illustrates how the GOP is avoids dealing with issues that would redound poorly to their backers in the corporate plutocracy that is now running this country.
These are the issues that Waxman and the Democrats in the House are urgently working on:
– DOD Audits: Halliburton Overcharges Top $212 Million
– Withheld Data Shows ‘Dramatic Up-tick’ in Terrorist Attacks
– Waxman Amendment Would Reduce Dependence on Foreign Oil
– Rep. Waxman Requests Hearing on Pediatric Vaccine Stockpile
– President Urged to Reject Pledge Requirements in HIV/AIDS Funding
Instead of dealing with these issues, here’s what the GOP leadership is holding hearings on:
Wednesday, April 27 — The Government Reform Committee will hold a hearing on the National Football League’s steroids policy as part of the Committee’s ongoing examination of steroids use in sports.