“To the cynical and darkly clever people who run the Democratic Party, Biden’s fading intellect is not a handicap. It’s an opportunity. Joe Biden is weak, and he’s getting weaker. Ask anyone who knows him, or who’s watched him carefully over the past 50 years. Biden is noticeably more confused now than he was even last spring, when he entered the race. … Why is this good news for the Democratic establishment in Washington? Because it means they can control him. That’s one reason the other candidates were so eager to swing in behind Biden the instant he won a state.”
— Tucker Carlson argued that Joe Biden’s “fading intellect is not a handicap” but “an opportunity” for the Democratic establishment to control the resurgent White House hopeful, The Hill reports.
“Seems like about 20 minutes ago, we were denouncing these people as the ‘deep state’ and pledging never to trust them again without verification. Now, for some reason, we do trust them — implicitly and completely.”
— Fox News host Tucker Carlson, quoted by the New York Times.
It’s true you have better hair than I do, But I get more pussy than you do. (Click.)
– Phone message left by current Republican Party presidential frontrunner Donald Trump on the voicemail of Tucker Carlson, the rightwing pundit and Swanson Foods heir, after Carlson criticized Trump’s hair on the CNN show “Crossfire” in 1991.
- Matthew Yglesias: The “Decline” of Marriage Isn’t a Problem
- The National Memo: Saudi Money And The Moral Posturing Of Rand Paul
- Salon.com: 14 Ways Republicans Have Declared War on the Middle Class
- Media Matters: MSNBC’s Chris Hayes: “Odious” Emails Provide “A View Into The World Of Tucker Carlson”
- Think Progress: Ted Cruz Wants You To Believe He’s Legally Required To Sign Up For Obamacare. He’s Not.
- Buzzfeed: Democrats’ Loudest Attack Dog Can’t Stop Baiting Bobby Jindal