Share of non-Hispanic blacks living in the South, the highest since 1960. New Census data shows a reverse Great Migration is taking place, as African-Americans leave large Northern and Midwestern metro areas and move south. Georgia, Texas, and Florida, in descending order, now have the largest populations of blacks.
The time to return Census forms has come, which makes this an ideal moment to revisit Michele Bachmann’s call to conservatives not to turn in their forms.
Bachmann: Take this into consideration. If we look at American history, between 1942and 1947, the data that was collected by the census bureau was handed over to the FBI and other organizations, at the request of President Roosevelt, and that’s how the Japanese were rounded up and put into the internment camps. I’m not saying that’s what the Administration is planning to do. But I am saying that private, personal information that was given to the census bureau in the 1940s was used against Americans to round them up and put the Japanese in internment camps.
In his column in January, our Dr. Democrat — who agrees with Bachmann only in the sense that that it would be best for the country if only smart people filled out the census — offered five reasons conservatives are not returning their forms, translated into Teabonics for their convenience.
If you have conservative friends, feel free to email these five reasons not to fill out the census to them:
1. Obama and the entire Democrat Party support the Census, which is sufficient cause for suspicion among Tea Party activists on all other issues.
2. Many libertarians believe the Census should not be under government control, not just because it is bona fide socialism, but also because, unlike private industry, government is inept. Who knows what mistakes the government has made in censuses over the past two centuries? Libertarians believe the Census should be outsourced to a private company with experience collecting data, like Equifax, Experian or other credit reporting companies, which hardly ever make mistakes.
3. According to World Net Daily, the popular conservative news site, Obama seized control of the Census from the Commerce Department within weeks after he assumed the presidency. The fact that the 2010 Census will be taken under the direction of the Obama White House worries Rep. Bachmann, who has raised concerns that Americans’ personal data could end up in the hands of ACORN. What ACORN might do with it is anyone’s guess.
4. Bachmann also pointed out that the government has used Census information in the past to round up Americans and force them into concentration camps. She cited the example of the internment of thousands of patriotic Americans of Japanese descent by FDR’s Democrat socialist government during World War II.
5. The Obama administration has already put patriots on notice that it will fine anyone who refuses to submit to the Census. However, boycott supporters say that if the government can’t round up 20 million illegal aliens, how could it possibly find millions of real Americans who boycott the Census because they choose to exercise their rights to be free of government intrusion?
BONUS VIDEO: Here is Bachmann trying to out-crazy Glenn Beck last year on whether conservatives should fill out the forms: